DIGITIZE AND MANAGE YOUR ARCHIVE
Preserve the essential records that tell your unique story
From rare manuscripts to official records, and from fragile letters to sound recordings, your archives contain the primary sources that tell a story which is uniquely yours. Well-utilized special collections equip universities to serve academic researchers while promoting their proud legacy to students and alumni. Corporations can preserve legal, financial and administrative documents for enterprise-wide access, while they use their heritage assets to celebrate major milestones and those who achieved them. National, state and local governments can provide vital records to genealogists, journalists, writers, and historians. And organizations as varied as historical societies, foundations, churches, and governments can chronicle their heritage with invaluable troves of genealogical data, photographs, oral histories and artifacts that illuminate the life of the organization and its people.
Because your archived materials are likely unpublished, highly specialized and the only ones of their kind, they form an invaluable bridge to the past. That’s why digitization is so vitally important. Transforming your collection into a digital archive lets you provide easy access and searchability of your collections while you preserve them for posterity. Ideally suited to the digital and social media age, digital archives also present countless opportunities for education, promotion and celebration.
That’s Pixel Acuity’s specialty.
Our worldwide client base of major academic, corporate and research archives knows us as the authority on heritage digitization, with an in-depth understanding of the issues and challenges of working with your collections. Pixel Acuity offers specialized skills, techniques and workflow experience, combined with advanced digitization technology purpose-built by our hardware division DT Heritage. Together, our team of experts in digitization hardware, software, services and workflow optimization work hand-in-hand to deliver a seamless experience for digitizing a huge range of artifacts.
Chronicle your organization’s history for easy access and use
Today, it’s vital that archives, libraries and institutions not only preserve their cultural assets, but also bring to life compelling stories from the past in ways that resonate today. Make the most of your assets with a useful, well-managed archive created with the highest quality digitization.
- Create new licensing and branding opportunities for the unique items in your collection
- Cultivate relationships with internal or external stakeholders
- Bring new life to digital marketing campaigns with ads, social media posts, and other brand-building efforts that you can monetize
- Offer new experiences by combining historical records, artwork and objects of every kind
- Tell new stories about the artifacts in your collection
- Digitally display previously inaccessible and underutilized objects from storage and archives
- Enhance exhibitions and events with immersive experiences
- Allow journalists, historians, researchers, writers, filmmakers, and marketers to access your collections
- Use metadata to make every record and artifact fully searchable
- Create on-line galleries of works to stimulate interest and engagement
- Preserve your history — handle and digitize the items once, but access and reuse them in perpetuity, with the highest appropriate resolution for all applications
- Head off the ravages of time through strategic redundancy
MEET PIXEL ACUITY
THE EXPERTS IN ARCHIVES DIGITIZATION
Meet Pixel Acuity
Pixel Acuity can help all types of archives, as well as libraries, art museums and galleries, natural history museums, media and entertainment, and sports organizations to realize maximum value from their collections and their brand by turning their physical artifacts into searchable, accessible, digital assets at the highest resolution available today. If you want to digitize your physical collection but don’t have the in-house expertise, then you need Pixel Acuity.
Many companies offer digital imaging services, but no one understands the particular requirements of archival preservation quite like Pixel Acuity. We have decades of combined experience working inside renowned archives including the Smithsonian Institution, The National Archives of Estonia, and many others. We expertly deploy digitization hardware and software designed expressly for cultural heritage applications by our hardware division, DT Heritage, founded by the former Director of Digital Imaging at the American Museum of Natural History. Our cross-functional team of experts blend their unique insiders’ viewpoint with superior technical knowledge to perfect the art and science of heritage digitization.
That’s who will be working for you — on-site and off — from planning through completion.
Why choose Pixel Acuity?
- Not sure where to start, how long it will take, what equipment you need, or how to pay for it? The Pixel Acuity team will help plan your project, including technological assessments and development of timelines and budgets, to determine the best solution for your project.
- Rare books, manuscripts, works on paper, room-size paintings, maps, tabletop art, jewelry, even bees — we’ve brought all of that and more from the material world into the digital realm.
- Our workflows consider damage such as tears and folds to loose papers and bound manuscripts, and provide solutions for supporting difficult formats and oversized items.
- Film Scanning: Pixel Acuity has spent the better part of a decade perfecting film scanning workflows that optimize efficiency, fulfill each client’s unique goals, and conform to the highest image quality standards.
- Our specialists will design advanced digitization workflows that blend seamlessly with your daily operations. Our proprietary workflow DT PixelFlow software uses artificial intelligence (AI) and other techniques to analyze the images and deliver best-in-class optical character recognition (OCR), facial recognition, and metadata generation so that your stakeholders can easily find what they’re looking for when repurposing assets.
- Pixel Acuity can produce 130 megapixel images, the highest image quality on the market and more than five times the pixel density now common in Cultural Heritage imaging. Since you’re making the effort to digitize, we make sure the quality stands the test of time — so that you can repurpose it in multiple ways well into the future.
- Our preservation-grade practices meet the highest Cultural Heritage imaging standards, including FADGI, Metamorfoze, and ISO 19264.
- Many of the world’s most respected libraries have trusted Pixel Acuity to digitize their prized collections, no matter their age, condition, size or shape. Get the full picture by reading our case studies.
COMPLETE END-TO-END SYSTEMS
Industry-Leading Imaging Technology
We fully appreciate the importance of blending seamlessly into your institution’s daily operations, and can digitize your artifacts in our own facility, or on your own site if they can’t be moved from their permanent location. Our digitization hardware, and software enabled by artificial intelligence and other advanced technologies, are designed to work together smoothly with carefully optimized workflows.
- Purpose-built rapid-capture systems create an ultra-high-resolution digital copy of your collection quickly and systematically. The result: minimize cost and radically shorten the time required for capture.
- Pixel Acuity’s DT PixelFlow software enables our team to make the most of digital assets by extracting, analyzing, and transcribing text using optical character recognition (OCR) and applying artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to provide facial, object, and geographic descriptive metadata information.
- By combining DT Heritage hardware solutions, Pixel Acuity’s artificial intelligence (AI) processing software, and our team’s expertise, we can digitize anything – even deteriorating film or works on paper, and 3D objects like minerals, fossils, plants and animals – at a level of detail you cannot get anywhere else.
MAKE YOUR ASSETS WORK FOR YOU
Manage your brand by retaining memories of the past
There is tremendous value in every one of your heritage assets, and digitization unlocks that value. Reimagine the many ways your staff and stakeholders can repurpose your unique assets to generate vast benefits. You can quickly and easily produce retrospectives focusing on an author or historical figure, or capitalizing on current events. Create ads, social media campaigns, and other brand-building efforts. License images from your collection of unique art or manuscripts to publishers and advertisers. Inspire a director with the historic information to accurately recreate set designs or costumes for the next big remake or sequel. The list is endless.
Digitization is the key to mining the full value from unique artifacts in archives and libraries, art and natural history museums, media and entertainment, sports franchises, and many other fields. The beauty of the heritage assets in your archive is that they are unique, endlessly reusable and ideally suited to the digital and social media age. By digitizing your archival collection and adding the assets to your content management system you can turn those precious items into new educational and marketing value … and create a digital record of your history in the process!