Media & Entertainment
Preserve Your History and Make It Work For You
There is tremendous value in your organization’s legacy, and digitization is the key to unlocking that value. Imagine the many ways your staff and external stakeholders could use your eye-popping, one-of-a-kind heritage assets. Quickly and easily produce retrospectives to honor media or entertainment giants or capitalize on current events. Create ads, social media campaigns, and other brand-building efforts that generate revenue. Sell NFTs to collectors. License images to publishers and advertisers. Inspire a director with the historic information to accurately recreate set designs or costumes for the next big remake or sequel. The list is endless.
The beauty of heritage assets is that they are clearly differentiated, unique, virtually limitless and reusable, and ideally suited to the digital and social media age. And best of all, they are all yours!
By digitizing your heritage collection and adding the assets to your content management system you could turn those precious items into new revenue streams … and create a digital record of your history in the process!
Image courtesy of the Smithsonian Institution.
Realize the value of your media and entertainment heritage
With the expertise and services offered by Pixel Acuity, combined with technology solutions from our hardware division, DT Heritage, it is possible to produce very high-quality digital representations of your original assets, creating an immediately accessible digital archive. This opens the door for a myriad of revenue-generating opportunities as you create better access to your content and the possibility to produce compelling stories.
Image courtesy of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Create new licensing and branding opportunities
- Develop new promotions and other marketing efforts that build and enhance your brand and increase ROI for your marketing budget
- Capitalize on the public’s appetite for nostalgia and authentic content
- Inspire new films, TV shows, news stories, documentaries, advertisers, broadcasters, and more
- Create new interactive experiences for your audience and build fan engagement
- Build inspiring new content for your events schedule
- Make these new assets available to internal teams, researchers, historians, educators, and more
- Preserve your legacy — handle and digitize the items once but access and reuse them in perpetuity, with the highest appropriate resolution for all applications
- Protect your intellectual property through an online digital record
- Head off the ravages of time through strategic redundancy
IN THE NEWS
What does our work look like in action? Read about how our digital imaging technology is used by industry-leading organizations.
To read more about our the latest happenings at DT, visit our news page.
Looking for more? Check out our blog or subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest from DT Heritage.
Check out this article written by our Co-Owner, Peter Siegel, featured in the latest issue of Post Magazine.
MEET PIXEL ACUITY
Our Expert Services
Pixel Acuity helps news organizations, production companies, movie studios, songwriters, publishers, theaters, and other rights holders activate the power of their undigitized heritage by turning physical artifacts into searchable, accessible digital assets at the highest resolution available today. If you want to digitize your physical collection but don’t have the in-house expertise, then you need Pixel Acuity.
Many companies offer digital imaging services, but no one understands the particular requirements of heritage preservation quite like Pixel Acuity. Our specialists have decades of combined experience working inside library and museum imaging departments. They’ve blended their unique insiders’ viewpoint with superior technical knowledge to perfect the art and science of heritage digitization.
That’s who will be working for you — on-site and off — from planning through completion.
Some of the things that set Pixel Acuity apart:
- Not sure where to start, how long it will take, what equipment you need, or how to pay for it? The Pixel Acuity team will help plan your project, including technology assessments and developing timelines and budgets, to determine the best solution for your project.
- Film Scanning: Pixel Acuity has spent over a decade perfecting film scanning workflows that optimize efficiency, fulfill each client’s unique goals, and conform to the highest image quality standards.
- Our specialists will design advanced digitization workflows that blend seamlessly with your daily operations. Our proprietary workflow software, DT PixelFlow, uses AI and other techniques to analyze the images and deliver best-in-class OCR, facial recognition, and metadata so that your stakeholders can easily find what they’re looking for when repurposing.
- Rare books, manuscripts, room-size paintings, maps, deteriorating film, tabletop art, jewelry, even bees — we’ve brought all of that and more from the material world into the digital realm.
- No need to risk handling, packing, and transporting your fragile, one-of-a-kind items. Wherever your collection is in the world, we’ll bring the team and equipment to you. Get the picture by reading about Pixel Acuity’s recent trip to Estonia.
- Pixel Acuity produces images at up to 14K resolution, the highest image quality on the market and years ahead of the 6K that is just now becoming common. Since you’re making the effort to digitize, we make sure the quality stands the test of time — so that you can repurpose it in multiple ways well into the future.
- So many of the world’s most demanding and respected organizations have trusted Pixel Acuity to digitize their prized collections, no matter their age, condition, size, or shape. Get the picture with our case studies.
Custom-engineered rapid-capture systems create an ultra-high-resolution digital copy of your collection quickly and systematically. The result: minimizing cost and radically shortening time to market.
Pixel Acuity’s DT PixelFlow software enables our team to make the most of digital assets by extracting, analyzing, and transcribing text using optical character recognition (OCR) and applying artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to provide facial, object, and geographic descriptive metadata information.
By combining DT Heritage hardware solutions, Pixel Acuity’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) software, and our team’s expertise, we can digitize anything – even deteriorating film and 3D object like set mock-ups and musical instruments – at a level of detail you cannot get anywhere else.
Finding Value In Your History
Do you know the value of your heritage? Like many media rights holders, you might have countless historical items sitting in storage — including volumes of news-assignment photos, bound scripts with handwritten director or actor notes, playbills, costumes, set pieces, 3D models, animation cels, old news clippings, production equipment, memorabilia, photos (prints, slides, and film), and so much more.
Image courtesy of Joel Meyerowitz.