DIGITIZATION FOR PRIVATE COLLECTIONS
Carry your fine art collection into the future
Many private and corporate collections contain holdings that rival those of large art museums. And just as the major museums of the world are digitizing their collections to best manage and safeguard their investment for the future, private collectors are creating high-quality images of their art collections as tools for art advisors, accountants, estate planners, and insurance documentation. Corporate collectors who seek to enhance their brand and increase ROI have many of the same concerns.
Today, collectors are fundamentally rethinking the way they engage with the art market. While some choose to keep their collections for their private enjoyment, others may wish to share their holdings with a wider audience by creating catalogues, books, and high-quality reproductions. Collectors may also seek to enhance the value of their collections before selling or donating to a museum by raising their profile in online exhibitions or digital media campaigns, all enabled by museum-quality digitization.
That’s where Pixel Acuity comes in.
Our worldwide client base including major fine art museums know us as the authority on heritage digitization, with an in-depth understanding of the issues and challenges of working with your precious collections. Pixel Acuity offers specialized skills, techniques and workflow experience, combined with advanced digitization technology purpose-built by our hardware division DT Heritage. Together, our team of experts in digitization hardware, software, services and workflow optimization work hand-in-hand to deliver a seamless experience for fine-art imaging projects of every possible scope.
Manage your collection effortlessly
Today, it’s become vital that every private and corporate collection makes the most of their assets, and protects their investments in ways that are possible only with the highest quality digitization.
- Provide new philanthropic opportunities
- Create new buzz around your corporate collection to enhance your branding
- Raise the profile – and potentially the value – of your collection before selling or donating
- Digitally display objects stored in remote locations and underutilized objects from storage and archives
- Turn your images into fine-art coffee table books or catalogs
- Create beautiful digital galleries of works in a private online viewing room
- Access your collection from anywhere in the world, no matter where your art is physically located
- Organize and document your holdings with metadata for description, condition, pricing, location, and provenance to quickly obtain the information you need
- Preserve your assets — handle and digitize the artworks once, but access and reuse them in perpetuity, with the highest appropriate resolution for all applications
- Head off the ravages of time through strategic redundancy
MEET PIXEL ACUITY
EXPERTS IN FINE-ART IMAGING
Meet Pixel Acuity
Pixel Acuity has helped private collectors, art museums, natural history museums, libraries, and archives to document their collections by turning physical artifacts into searchable, accessible, digital assets at the highest resolution available today. If you want to digitize your physical collection but don’t have the in-house expertise, then you need Pixel Acuity.
Many companies offer digital imaging services, but no one understands the particular requirements of heritage preservation quite like Pixel Acuity. We have decades of combined experience working inside museum and library imaging departments. We expertly deploy digitization hardware and software designed expressly for cultural heritage applications by our hardware division, DT Heritage, which was founded by the former Director of Digital Imaging at the American Museum of Natural History. Our cross-functional team of experts blend their unique insiders’ viewpoint with superior technical knowledge to perfect the art and science of heritage digitization.
That’s who will be working for you — on-site and off — from planning through completion.
Why choose Pixel Acuity?
- Not sure where to start, how long it will take, what equipment you need, or how to pay for it? The Pixel Acuity team will help plan your project, making a careful assessment of your collection at your home, studio or office. We’ll create a digitization plan that includes technological assessments and development of timelines and budgets, to determine the best solution for your project.
- We understand the issues and concerns of private collectors and we pride ourselves on carefully protecting our clients’ personal property and privacy. With our extensive knowledge of all types of collections, Pixel Acuity ensures superior project results every time.
- Film Scanning: Pixel Acuity has spent the better part of a decade perfecting film scanning workflows that optimize efficiency, fulfill each client’s unique goals, and conform to the highest image quality standards.
- Our specialists will design advanced digitization workflows that blend seamlessly with your daily activities. Our proprietary workflow software, DT PixelFlow uses artificial intelligence (AI) and other techniques to analyze the images and deliver best-in-class optical character recognition (OCR), facial recognition, and detailed metadata generation so you can easily find what you’re looking for when repurposing assets.
- Rare books, manuscripts, room-size paintings, maps, deteriorating film, tabletop art, jewelry, even bees — we’ve brought all of that and more from the material world into the digital realm.
- No need for risk handling, packing, and transporting your fragile, one-of-a-kind items. Wherever your collection is in the world, we’ll bring the team and equipment to you. Learn more about our international capabilities by reading about Pixel Acuity’s recent trip to Estonia.
- Pixel Acuity can produce 130 megapixel images, the highest image quality on the market and more than five times the pixel density now common in Cultural Heritage imaging. Since you’re making the effort to digitize, we make sure the quality stands the test of time — so that you can repurpose it in multiple ways well into the future
- Our preservation-grade practices meet the highest Cultural Heritage imaging standards, including FADGI, Metamorfoze, and ISO 19264.
- Many of the world’s most respected private collectors have trusted Pixel Acuity to digitize their prized collections, no matter their age, condition, size, or shape. Get the full picture by reading our case studies.
COMPLETE END-TO-END SYSTEMS
Industry-Leading Imaging Technology
We recognize the importance of blending seamlessly into your daily activities, and can digitize your artifacts in our own facility, or on your own site if they can’t be moved from their permanent location. Our digitization hardware and software, enabled by artificial intelligence and other advanced technologies, are designed to work together smoothly with carefully optimized workflows.
- Purpose-built rapid-capture systems create an ultra-high-resolution digital copy of your collection quickly and systematically. The result: minimize cost and radically shorten the time required for capture.
- Pixel Acuity’s DT PixelFlow software enables our team to make the most of digital assets by extracting, analyzing, and transcribing text using optical character recognition (OCR) and applying artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to provide facial, object, and geographic descriptive metadata.
- By combining DT Heritage hardware solutions, Pixel Acuity’s artificial intelligence (AI) processing software, and our team’s expertise, we can digitize anything – even deteriorating film or works on paper, and 3D objects like furniture and musical instruments – at a level of detail you cannot get anywhere else.
MAKE YOUR ASSETS WORK FOR YOU
Bring new life to your personal or corporate collection
Reimagine the many ways you and your team can use your one-of-a-kind heritage assets to generate additional return on your investment. Let your art communicate with clients using social media campaigns and other brand-building efforts. Raise the profile of your collection, and help increase its value. License images to publishers and advertisers. Inspire a director with the historic information needed to accurately recreate set designs or costumes for the next big remake or sequel. The list is endless.
Digitization is the key to mining the value from objects in private and corporate collections, natural history museums, libraries, media and entertainment, sports franchises, and many other fields. The beauty of these assets is that they are clearly differentiated, unique, endlessly reusable, and ideally suited to the digital and social media age! By digitizing your collection and adding the assets to communications with all your stakeholders, you can use your precious artifacts in a wide variety of ways … and create a digital record documenting the development of your collection in the process!